Tuesday, December 19, 2006

A lunch with the Swallows




So we sometimes must take a brief moment from our otherwise manic days to eat and today was a special lunch at the very conviently located Shereton. For me it is a 10 minute rickshaw ride from the office and for the Swallows it is a mere two minute walk across a busy road. As we gorged ourselves on the wonderful bread and oh so special cheese, we also took a moment to acknowledge that this was Sofia's last lunch as a Swallow. As we wipped the tears from our cheeks, we hold on to the fact that she can't live without her prince Michel and will therefore be back to us and become the official Dhaka party planner. I am not even a Swallow, but I can safetly say that your shoes will be hard to fill - which of your 1000 pairs, I am not sure!
I would also like to take this oppurtuntiy to mention the wonderful sanctuary of the Swallows office which on several ocasions has been my haven as I escape the mania of the area around my office. I have enjoyed wonderful coffee, exquisite lunches and interesting views - some of which I am including here.
Today is my last day of work before my wee sis and my mother arrive, so here is to an interesting 2006 at the RMMRU office and to many more of them in 2007.

No comments: