

My granny in Tipperary has been making, baking and cooking for as long as I can remember. I love the excitement of going down to her house for the weekend and knowing that you will spend a lof the time there stuffing yourself with the most delicious assortments of dinners, tarts, pies, homemade jam and brownbread.
This year was the 50th Bansha Anniversary. For you non Irish amongst us, country shows such as this one are when people from all over the country or region bring all their home made items or home grown foods - basically anything 'o-natural' - and share them with everyone else. There are prizes in each category of foods e.g. best homemade bread or best flowers. Point is my granny kicked ass and walked away from the show with not one but four 1st place rosettes. May you are some woman and my congrats come to you from Dhaka at the other side of the world.
3 comments:
a great breed i tell you
Siobhan,
That's the best laugh I've had in a while. Good on ya!!!.
Ber
She makes great cobblers too. I nearly split me sides laughing too. God bless you love. You go to Mays (your Granny) and you eat loads of stuff " desserts " included and you come away and you feel desserts backwards. Love you lots Sxxxx.
Post a Comment