


From their mispronounciation of the fabulous Irish surname Cahill to their wonderful abbreviations, Lou and Deb had a special place in Dhaka and in my heart from the day I met them. It was one cool night back in Janurary when I first met Louise at a mutual friend's leaving dinner. We shared jokes and laughed a lot over a glass of wine and the scene was set for a timeless friendship. Deb was Louise's flatmate and they came as a pair - and a wonderful pair at that. From the nights at the Aussie club organising trips and balls to the odd treat lunch at the Shereton where we stuffed ourselves with cheese, the girls brought a little something extra to the Dhaka social scene. Pole dancing gained a new meaning with Deb's wonderful performance at the charity due in her sari! Yes pole dancing in a sari but no pictures were allowed. Louise was Miss Louise was organiser extraordinare with no way of gaining time with her unless she has run it by her diary - I love it and she definitely wins the prize for the most organised and beautiful committee member at the ASF ball. Girls Dhaka has lost part of its soul without you and we miss you everyday. But on the plus side Louise is off to the busy bussling city of Bangkok, while Deb heads off to Shanghai to conquer China. Good luck girls and you know you are in danger of getting lots of Dhaka visitors.
I realise I am putting the picture of Deb doing her magic dive on again but I love it so you will all have to appreciate the moment again :-)
2 comments:
Aaaaaahhh, I miss them so much!! I hope to see you in BKK Louise!!
and seriously the leg thing is quite funny
Post a Comment