Sunday, September 02, 2007

Craziness in Dublin's fair city


Tim - now an LLM man


Kieran McEniry - King of the Dance floor


Alicia and Caitriona's failure to capture Kieran and I on the dance floor resulted in several pictures like this


Alicia, Frances and I


Cute DJ...


The gang in the gardens


Kieran hanging with the sheep


Frances with the pretty flowers in the Botanical Gardens

On Friday Tim handed in his LLM thesis and Frances came up from Cork and so there was plenty to celebrate! It all began with dinner at Cafe Bar Deli on Grafton street, which has the best pizza in Ireland and the cheapest wine. The party then moved to 4 Dame Lane - the dancing place from our MPhil days, where we were joined by another bunch of party people. We strutted our stuff on the dance floor, although the music was a little disappointing at times. The DJ was rather cute, and he reminded me of a certain person. We dragged ourselves home at 3am and retired for the evening.
Saturday morning came and very quickly passed us by, but not wanting to feel that the day was wasted myself, Frances, Tim, Caitriona and Kieran walked up to the Botanical Gardens. They are a 20 minute walk from my house and I have never been - SHOCKING. It was a lovely day and we enjoyed a yummy lunch in the garden. Home again and it was time to get ready for another evening of fun. Frances and I went to Alicia's for dinner where we were treated to a feast of fish, roasted vegetables and fabulous salad. The cherry on the cake was the Pumpkin cheese cake for dessert - I wanted to dive into it!! The night was young and we headed into 'Howl at the Moon' to meet up with Caitriona and Aisling, and once again danced into the wee hours of the morning - this time the music was more to our taste.
Today, I am trying to treat my sore feet and aching body, but it was a great weekend and lovely to catch up with everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey who does he remind you of?
i need to know

'd said...

June - May

no pun intended

Anonymous said...

Yes, that struck me too, when I saw the photo ;)

linda said...

i want to party with you tooo!