Saturday, October 28, 2006

Anna and Siobhán do Thailand - October 2006




The day had come and we were leaving Dhaka behind for a full week to do nothing at all, andenjoy ourselves and enjoy we did! From the moment we stepped off the plane in Bangkok's ultra modern new airport we were caught in a wirlwind of good times and new experiences. From watching the nightlife in Bangkok, to swimming with the fish of the Pacific Ocean, to eating wonderful Thai food and falling asleep to the sound of the ocean, to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones and to even simming with an elephant; I will try to give you just a little taste of what an absolutely fantastic trip we had. One by one this week I will share with you some of the high points and some of our photos from the trip.
The high point of the first day was when we got onto the bus in Bangkok airport only to discover that neither of us possesed any time telling device. Used to relying on our phones to keep us punctual, we took a moment to reflect on our situation before deciding that this holiday was surely not about time and therefore I give you 'The Timeless Holiday'. The two girls who live to love organising social events in Dhaka took a break from organising and let it all just happen and it did!I want to take this opportunity to thank my wonderful travelling partner Anna for a fabulous time - to the great chats, the wonderful silences and to all the good times.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sunset picture is just lovely. Can feel the warmth all the way to Oslo, where I am sitting in the kitchen, the only warm room in the house. Snow is expected Tuesday. But even though I freeze a lot, it feels so good to breath cold air again. And I can't wait to see snow again :)

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU darling!! xxx

Anonymous said...

´From watching the nightlife in Bangkok, to swimming with the fish of the Pacific Ocean, to eating wonderful Thai food´....
so you swam with the fish and then you ate them
wonderful...