Friday, October 24, 2008

Portuguese Wedding


Now that's what I call leaving the church in style


The vows moment


Preety girls in pretty dresses


Queen of the casa


View of the town where wedding took place


Pretty girls in the pretty old casa


Beautiful abandoned building


Linnet and I on top of the world

I know this has been too long coming. On the 6th of September my office mate from Sussex Ines tied the note with her man in the lovely Portuguese countryside. Sussex was well represented and we had a really wonderful time. The wedding itself was so personal, a real reflection of the happy couple. We were treated to wonderful music and champagne after the ceremony; followed by a lovely meal around the court yard of the old town hotel. The evening continued well into the early hours of the morning with the groom singing and lots of great 80s hits. Definitely a wedding to remember.
Myself, Linnet, Christina, Richard and Fran continued on through the Portuguese mountains making out way to Bilbao for the IMISCOE conference. It is a breath taking country, and one that I would love to revisit one day. The people are warm, welcoming and the fish is divine.

No comments: