Lots of cider and traditional Basque food

The building itself
Wandering the streets of the old town
The prettiest shoe in the smallest foot
Enjoying Bilbao's nightlife
The trip across Portugal ended in the beautiful Northern Spanish city of Bilbao. This was the site of the IMISCOE annual conference for 2008, and more importantly the home of the fantastic Guggenheim.
For our first evening in Bilbao we were treated to a traditional Basque dinner in large barn like restaurant equipped with its own cider barrels. These produced endless quantities of ciders, much to our delight.
The following day was the beginning of the conference. The day of seminars and discussions ended with a trip to the famous Guggenheim. The museum was closed to the public, and we wandered in luxury; which was followed by the most interesting standing buffet dinner.
On the second day of the conference I presented my proposed work for my PhD. It was well received, and I walked away pleased with what I had achieved. That night it was time to say goodbye to friends as I headed back to Ireland to start the next chapter my of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment