Monday, August 13, 2007

Sweden - Stockholm the beautiful capital


Friskis & Svettis! We didn't go in though, went for lunch instead...


Statue in the old part of Stockholm - this picture is especially for Anna S who apparently posed in the same spot last year


Concert on the lawn


Chilling on the island of Grinda

Back in the Swedish capital and a week of sight seeing and catching up with Anna's friends was in store. Unfortunately, the weather on Monday was more of an early winter's day, and Anna and I were not amused as we battled the rain and wind along the sea front and arrived at the Vasa museum rather wet! The museum was amazing though and the old ship was so well preserved. The other museum we visited that week was the Nobel Prize museum, where we got lost in time watching the films of the winners of the past and present. Wandering around the old and new streets of Stockholm offered so much and the occasional stop for food and coffee was a rewarding experience. The shopping was not to disappointed and I was in my element paying a visit to H&M in its land of origin. I am also the proud owner of a pair of Cheap Monday's as well!
The evening were spent visiting Josfin, Jeanette and meeting up with some previously unacquainted of Anna's friends. We also went to a concert on the lawn, where I enjoyed, although did not understand, the Swedish version of Christy Moore! We also had the great pleasure of meeting up with Pia whom we had met in Cambodia, and she had not changed a bit. We had a ride in the sports car of PerAnders, the Swedish reporter who had visited Dhaka in February.
On Thursday, which was a glorious day, we took a boat out to the archipelagos and enjoyed chilling on the rocks and walking in the forest, while trying our level best to avoid the leeches!
The week ended on a high with a barbecue chez Jeanette and Anna, and a trip to see the latest Harry Potter movie. All too soon it was time for me to pack my bag for the last time and head home to the Emerald Isle.
I had a fantastic and thanks to Anna who made my entire time in Sweden absolutely fabulous.
For even more pics check out Anna's facebook if you can. I will add them soon.

3 comments:

anna said...

thanks siobhán ;). too much fun. (no leeches on grinda, but since I am terrified of ticks we avoided the grassy bits.)

Siobhán said...

Ticks is what I meant sorry :-)

linda said...

this makes me homesick...

so happy you enjoyed my country!

puss och kram!