Thursday, August 09, 2007

Sweden - Falun 'home of copper'


Anna and her granny


The church that Karl Larsson painted


Anna's Falun peeps in the '90210' kitchen


Sexy wellies


Looking very sexy and ready to go down the mine


Dinner in the Gren's garden


The mushroom soups


Elvin in his cool shades


Vilja, my favourite artist.

I know this is a while coming but after six weeks of holiday I am suffering dearly this week working a 9 to 5 job! Anyway, so back to Sweden and the first stop was Falun, Anna's home town. We arrived on the train from Stockholm and were met by Anna's father at the train station. Everyone, kept asking me when I got back to Stockholm 5 days later what we had done in Falun and I know we did a lot but I was so relaxed and enjoying myself so much that I could not recall all the details!
There was lots and lots of wonderful food and chill out time in Anna's house and in the garden when the weather allowed. The mushroom soup competition happened and I was in my element with two big bowels of mushroom soup in front of me. There were bike rides and trips to see Anna's granny, who is too much cute! Karl Larsson's church was an interesting destination; as was the wonderful old copper mine which is a stone throws away from the house. On Friday night I experienced the happening night life of Falun and checked out the talent with Sana. Oh and I must not forget the purchase of the much awaited for final Harry Potter book in the local Falun bookshop!
On Sunday morning we headed off to Upsala for a day with Linda Keay and her family. Vilja and Elvin are the cutest kids ever and we had a lovely day. Then it was back o the train headed for Stockholm.
A very special thanks to Karin and Lars for an absolutely fabulous time in Falun; and of course to Anna guide extrodinaire.

3 comments:

sarah said...

A mushroom soup contest?! Don't torture me with these pictures... I'm drooling half a world away.

Thought you might have given up on blogging, after falling too deep into facebook. Glad to see you back and loved the pictures (from B. Madam's house, especially).

anna said...

aaaaaaaaaahhhh, it was nice. I must add a comment to the mushroom soup contest: I WON!!! My soup was better than mum's! But ok, the best one was when I mixed both of them together... perfection!

Siobhán said...

That is your opinion Anna...
To Sarah: Blog will always be my number one love!