

Although I am leaving the desh in 25 days, I have chosen to live here for nearly a year and eight months. I chose to come here, and it is a decision that I most certainly do not regret or ever have second thoughts about. This morning I came across a BBC article about a survey on which are the best cities in the world to live in, and my city of birth Vancouver it would seem is top of that list. The city where I have chosen to live is ranked third from the bottom of the 127 cities analysed in the survey. It just made me stop and think for a moment about why we chose to live where we do. I realise that the vast majority of the world's population do not have the luxury of choice as I, and many of my friends have, but it is an interesting question. Have a look at the article, and come to your own conclusions.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4306936.stm
The pictures are from: www.virtualbangladesh.com/bd_cities_dhaka_pictures.html
2 comments:
'Vancouver is 'best place to live' ', if you WANT to live in vancouver.
Strange to think that you will be leaving Dhaka and glad to have you nearer to home.
My ties with Dhaka are slowly eroding and that makes me sad for all the wonderful times and memories of the place.
Hope to see you on your return.
xx Paul
Post a Comment