Saturday, March 17, 2007

Happy Paddy's Day



If you're enough lucky to be Irish...
You're lucky enough!


I know it has been a while since an update and there are some new ones coming I promise. It's now 10pm on the 17th of March and I am heading to my bed so a quiet evening here in Dhaka. We celebrated in style last night though with the Concern Paddy's day bash at their new office, where lots of Bangladeshis attempted to learn the steps to a reel - very entertaining. The celebrations lasted long into the night at a party where everyone sported green and shamrocks were aplenty; not sure how many of them actually understood the meaning of St Patrick's Day, but then again does everyone in Ireland?!
Well here is to everyone celebrating Paddy's Day around the world. I hope you all have a wonderful day and maybe next year i'll be with some more of you.
Some of the favourites:

"God invented liquor to keep the Irish from conquering the world"

"May the lilt of lush laughter lighten ever road,
May the midst of Irish magic shorten every road.
May you taste the sweetest pleasures
that fortune ever bestowed,
And may all your friends remember
all the favors you are owed."

"Dance as if no one were watching,
Sing as if no one were listening,
And live every day as if it were your last."

2 comments:

linda said...

thanks for letting me celebrate this fine day with you!!! we certainly did it in style...

puss puss!

Anonymous said...

Next year in Dublin!