Saturday, December 01, 2007

Travels outside of Brighton

I may be a poor student, but I am 'fortunate' to be living in a country where cityjet and ryanair are cheap and readily accessible. I have place 'fortunate' in italics marks as I still have issues with my carbon footprint!
On the 9th of November, I got to go and see the wee one in Barcelona which was as fantastic as it was in July although about 20 degrees cooler! The weekend was spent eating taps, drinking sangria, hanging with Rafi and Maral, cultural expeditions and lots of hanging out on the back of the Vespa! I even managed to get some reading done while Dara proved her worth as an architect extrodinaire.


Rafi and I on route to lunch


Dara outside the University of Barcelona's Philosophy department - it seems I am Philosophy obsessed at the moment!


Hanging with Rafi and Maral


The Vespa and its owner - the white helmet represents me


Dara with a 'cat' on Les Rambles

Next trip was Carcassone on the 23rd of November. The weather was also about 15 degrees colder than July, but the wine was just as good. The city never fails to leave me in awe of its beauty and the magic which surrounds La Cite. It was Ciaran's first trip out of Ireland and his first time on a plane - although I think I was a lot more affected by the whole event than he was! It was lovely to meet Brian and lovely to hang out with all the Irish crew as always. The wee one made it up from Barcelona which was great, and we had lots of fun around the winding streets. I have not included any pictures of the view, as that has made it onto the blog several times.


It was Blanaid's birthday while we were there and we celebrated in Divine Comedy with sparkling ice-cream


Hooray I finally found a friend who went on the carousel with me! Gillian and I had too much fun


It was so pretty and my horse was so handsome


These chicas have been friends for over 10 years now - hard to believe it, we must really like each other...


Ahhhhhhhh Sean and Gillian - too sweet for words

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool. love it

HC said...

So the carousel is there in the winter as well? Looked lovely!