Home again after a day of sorting the consequences of Friday night and I have been reflecting for the last couple of hours about it all. I know I know I think too much, but this time it's all good I promise. Two positive things have come out of the whole saga and I wanted to put them up here:
1. Yesterday, I had my first visit to a Bangladeshi Police Station and it was rather a pleasant visit at that. Syed and Anna came with me, but Syed ended up being there just for moral support as the Officer in Charge spoke fluent English and a little bit of French as well. We were there about 40 minutes as I wrote the report and chatted with the officer. So here is a special thanks to Gulshan Police for their hospitality.
2. Incidents like this make one really appreciate the things that people who care about you do. So a special thank you to all of you who were so kind to me over the last two days. To Anna and Linda for watching me run madly down the road and scream and insult everyone, but support me as always. You two were friends in a million as you received phone calls for me and held my hand through it all. To Chris and Luke for their support, their after party tour of the area in search of the bag and for offering a reward thank you. To my wee sis - not much to say except you are the best in the whole world! To my mum, for sending the thieves a nasty text and for the chat last night. To my dad who arrived in Dhaka this morning with a sparkling new phone and a hug. Lastly and most certainly not least to Syed who as always is my Dhaka knight in Bengali armour.
Anyway, Life isn't a bitch and then you die as I so adamantly believed it was on Friday night, rather these things happen and what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger.
5 comments:
SobSomoy....WA*$!!* ARS£!!$!!!...I CANT BLOODY BELIEVE YOU WERE WHITE CAR-ED!!! nOOOOOO...beSi beSi beSi rubbish!(...cant believe the infamous mcphee ring-tone is gone forever!)
All my love winging its way to the swamp from blighty...and BLOODY well done you beautiful dhakites for holding her hand... x
not very anonymous there dear (we miss you)! anyway, siobhán you are too cute. that is all I have to say. and with a new PINK phone, new keys and season 3 coming up - life is good! eh?
linda just told me abt ur experience...its too bad u had to get mugged...hope u didnt lose too much valuables... take care
mai pen rai! shoe, anything, anytime for you!
Hi Siobhan,
So sorry this happened to you. But you'll come out of it stronger, as I have this year.
Just take you time.
A big hug, imti.
Post a Comment