
This may seem like an odd blog to many of you, but to those of you who live in Dhaka it will make complete sense. Gemma, a friend of my sister, so I guess that makes us friends too :-), came to spend a week with us here in Bangladesh. Having paid several trips to the airport that week, 4 in total, I was not looking forward to yet another 2 hours of waiting and wondering as to when the person would emerge. Dara and I arrived at the airport at 12.45pm and saw that the flight had arrived at 12.30, and so we anticipated an hour of waiting. Dara hopped out of the car as I proceed to tackle the problem to find a parking space in the luntic asylum that was Zia airport pre-Eid. I sat, I waited, I honked, no one moved, I bullied my way through the chaos and then just as I was about to abandon the car my phone rang; it was Dara - Gemma as out!!!! I looked at my watch, it was 1pm, I looked again yes it was really 1pm. It had taken Gemma half an hour to get through the bedlam of the nation's main airport.
For this reason I am giving her a special place on my blog as the hero of Zia airport and our current Bangladeshi hero - may we all be able to acheive your standard.
3 comments:
You have started Dhaka driving?! That makes you a Dhaka hero in my eyes - it takes a lot of courage!
When I told them that I model bras, they let me right through. Where's my medal?!
did you check your bra
Post a Comment